Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Write a letter to a friend that you can't collect from the airport, as you have promised, because of some reason. In your letter - explain why you can't come, - guide them regarding other options to get to your home, - describe the plans you made to show them around when your friend arrives.



Dear Sarah,

I am anxiously awaiting your arrival on Friday morning. Unfortunately, because of unforeseen circumstances, I would not be able to come to pick you up at the airport as already planned.

An unexpected business meeting has come up which I cannot avoid, so I am suggesting you other means of reaching my house. One way would be to hire a cab from just outside the airport. That would be the most convenient option if you have a lot of luggage. However, if you are travelling light then I suggest you take the local bus from the airport. That would be very economical. I am very sorry for this turn of events.

I have planned a lot of things for you when you are here. There are a lot of historical places which you must see. The Golden Temple at Amritsar and the Taj Mahal at Agra are on top of the list. Then, there are two museums and a lot of shopping centres where you can shop for souvenirs to take back home. Luckily, a wedding in the family is also there in these days which will give you a taste of our rich cultural heritage.

Hoping to see you soon!

Yours lovingly,
XYZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive