Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, May 21, 2011

IELTS letter - Your friend bought tickets to the theatre for both of you. Write a letter to a friend to tell him that you cannot go to theatre. In your letter - Apologize, - Explain the situation, - Tell him what he can do with the extra ticket.



Dear Mankeerat,

Hope this letter finds you in radiant health and the best of spirits. It was really nice of you to buy theatre tickets for both of us but, unfortunately, I shall not be able to come as some unexpected guests have come from abroad and I have to be home to attend to them. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience it has caused you.

My uncle and aunt live in Canada. They arrived here three days ago with their daughter to fix her wedding with someone from my hometown. They have come here after five years. If the wedding is fixed then all the arrangements have to be done and I am going to be very busy for the coming few days. Even now I have to be with them while they are finalising things.

I was wondering, if you could invite our old friend Ramesh to see the movie with you. He is here on a holiday. He has come first time since he left for his higher studies in Australia two years ago. This would be your opportunity to catch up with him and your extra ticket will also not go waste.

Hope you have a nice time with Ramesh!

Yours lovingly,
XYZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive