Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, May 23, 2011

IELTS letter - You were studying in an English speaking country and suddenly needed to go back to your home country leaving your course incomplete. Write a letter to your teacher to - Thank him - Explain the reason you left without completing your course - say during your course study what did you like most about this course



Dear Professor James,

I am writing to inform you that I had to withdraw from the full time course “Introduction to Gerontology’, which I was doing in the University of Leeds. I was very fortunate to have you as my teacher but unfortunately because of some family problem I cannot continue the course.

The reason for discontinuing the course is that my mother is not keeping very good health lately. She has recurrent attacks of asthma and cannot be left alone in such a situation. She is a known case of asthma but this time the attacks are more severe because of super-added viral infection.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful way in which you taught your students. The course in Gerontology involves caring for the elderly. Today, we belong to an ageing society and we are part of a greying population. The way you explained things made it sound like a very easy subject. What I liked most about the course was the way the practical sessions were conducted. We were taken to various old age homes and got first hand experience in caring for the elderly.

Once my mother is better I shall surely re-enrol and complete the course. Thank you once again for everything.

Sincerely yours,
XYZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive