Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, May 20, 2011

IELTS letter - You have broken your leg. Write a letter to your classmate - thank him for the card and presents you received - explain what you are doing in your free time - how have you been recovering



Dear Samir,

Thank you so much for the get-well-soon card and the box of chocolates you sent for me. Ever since I met with the accident and broke my leg, it is the love and affection I am getting from friends like you which is keeping my spirits up.

I have a fracture of the thigh bone. It takes about three months to heal completely and strict bed rest is advised by the doctors. So, I have a lot of free time. I do my regular study for two to three hours a day and after that I teach some children of the neighbourhood. I find it very interesting as I am being paid for it and also these children keep me updated with what is going around the town.

My physiotherapist comes at 8 pm every day for one hour. With his help I am recovering very fast and I hope to start attending college by the end of next month.

Once again thanking you for your wishes and the card.

Yours lovingly,
Anil

2 comments:

  1. Dear Colleagues,

    I hope you all are doing well. I am writing this letter to thank all of you for sending me such beautiful gifts.

    Since all of you are aware that I accidentally broke down my leg last month, it was painful for the initial few weeks, but after a few weeks, the pain reduced, and I started feeling better. Therefore, I appreciate the presents sent to me because it means a lot to me, especially those with motivational thoughts.

    Well, most of my time goes into reading a newspaper and watching television, so at least I know about the outer world. In addition, the routine exercise advised by the doctor keeps me busy for a few hours. Moreover, because of that, I have started recovering. After a week of treatment, I even started moving my leg; after a week of treatment, with the help of assistance, I can walk down a few steps, which is a significant improvement commented by the doctor. With the care and treatment I am receiving, I will soon walk comfortably and join the work in a few months. Indeed, I am missing the fun we all together have during breaks.
    Once again, thank you for your presents, It meant a lot to me, and I will see you guys very soon.

    Yours faithfully,
    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corrections --

    Dear Samir,

    Thank you so much for the get-well-soon card and the box of chocolates you sent for me. Ever since I met with the accident and broke my leg, the love and affection, I am getting from friends like you are keeping my spirits up.

    I have a fracture of the thigh bone. It takes about three months to heal completely, and the doctors advise strict bed rest. So, I have much free time. I do my regular study for two to three hours a day, and after that, I teach some neighbourhood children. I find it very interesting as I am being paid for it, and also these children keep me updated with what is going around the town.

    My physiotherapist comes at 8 pm every day for an hour. With his help, I am recovering very fast, and I hope to start attending college by the end of next month.

    Once again, thank you for your wishes and the card.

    Yours lovingly,
    Anil

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive