Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, May 21, 2011

IELTS letter - You have an evening class and your teacher gave you an essay to work on for the weekend. However, you were not able to finish the essay. Write a letter saying the following: - outline the subject of your essay - what happened why you did not finish it - tell what you will do to finish it.



Dear Sir,


I am Harneet, your student from the evening batch of ESL (English as a second language). Last weekend, you gave the essay on ‘Rote learning as opposed to Meaningful learning’. I am writing this letter to express my inability to complete the essay in time.

The topic of ‘Rote learning as opposed to Meaningful learning’ as such is not difficult but I could not find enough matter to write. I could not go to the library as the weather was very bad during the weekend. I wanted to search the internet but that too was not working. This topic was also not there in the essay books that I had at home. So, I could not finish the essay.

Please give me two more days to write the essay. I shall sit in the library and search this topic from the books there and I shall also surf on the net to write a really nice essay. I am very keen on learning how to write good essays. I shall try me level best to submit my essay by Thursday.

Hoping for a kind consideration from you regarding this matter!

Yours faithfully,
Harneet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive