Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, May 20, 2011

IELTS letter - You have invited your English-speaking friend to a family wedding and reserved a room at the hotel for him/her as you agreed before. You won’t be able to meet him/her at the airport. Write a letter to your friend, describing: - the reason why you can’t meet him/her, - how he/she can get to the hotel from the airport, - the hotel where you made the reservation.




Dear Sarah,

I am anxiously awaiting your arrival on Friday morning. Unfortunately, because of unforeseen circumstances, I would not be able to come to pick you up at the airport as already planned.

An unexpected business meeting has come up which I cannot avoid, so I am suggesting you other means of reaching the hotel that I have booked for you. One way would be to hire a cab from just outside the airport. That would be the most convenient option if you have a lot of luggage. However, if you are travelling light then I suggest you take the local bus from the airport. That would be very economical. I am very sorry for this turn of events.

The hotel’s name is Mount View and it is about 30 km from the airport. It is very near to my home, though. Normally I would have made you stay at my home but because of the wedding many relatives are already there and so for your convenience, I have booked the hotel. The wedding in the family will give you a taste of our rich cultural heritage.
I have planned a lot of other things for you when you are here. There are a lot of historical places which you must see

Hoping to see you soon!

Yours lovingly,
XYZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive