Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A trip that was not up to your expectations

I have undertaken many journeys in my life

Once I went to Agra to see the Taj Mahal, once to Shimla with my parents and once to Vaishno Devi

Here I am going to talk about my trip to Shimla

I went there with my parents last year in December

We went there by our car till Kalka and from there we went by Train

The train journey was very enjoyable

However, the rest of the holiday was very bad

My father had booked a hotel through some travel agent

The hotel people were supposed to pick us up from the station

We waited for two hours but nobody came

Then my father called the agent and after a long time the hotel people came.

On reaching the hotel we found the rooms very smelly and even the beddings were very dirty

It was very late in the night so with wrinkled noses we spent the night there

The next day we changed the hotel and it really made a big hole in our pocket

We went to Jakhu mandir the next day and I remember I has a packet of chips in my hand

I was suddenly surrounded by a number of monkeys looking threateningly at me

I was petrified, Then somebody told me to throw the chips away

I did so and the monkeys took the chips and ran away

Even in the new hotel there was scarcity of water and even to bathe we were given rationed water

We stayed in Shimla for 5 days

I really wanted to see the snowfall but unfortunately there was bright sunlight all those days

We came back on 30th December and on 31st I read in the paper that Shimla had its first snowfall of the year

So madam, this trip was not up to my expectations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive