Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Statue

India is a diverse country

There are many statues – on roundabouts, in public gardens and in public buildings

Here I am going to talk about a statue which I saw when I was in 10th class

It is the statue of Shaheed Bhagat Singh at Khatkar Kalan

I remember, I went with my school tour to visit the museum of Shaheed-e-azam Bhagat Singh.

We were 40 students and 4 teachers

We enjoyed a lot

The very first thing that caught our attention was the magnificent, tall, bronze statue of Shaheed Bhagat Singh right at the entrance of the museum

I was awe-struck to see the picturesque statue.

You know madam, it is 25 feet tall statue

Bhagat Singh is standing with one arm raised as if shouting a slogan – maybe – Inquilab Zindabad

You know madam, the freedom we enjoy today is because of the toil, sweat and sacrifice of our great heroes like Bhagat Singh

The thing that is special about the statue is that it brings out the feeling of patriotism among the people of India

I like it most because it reminds us of the great deeds of our great martyrs

We also saw many other things at the museum

We saw the Bhagwad Gita signed by Shaheed Bhagat Singh

We also saw the personal diary of Shaheed Bhagat Singh

We also saw the blood stained newspaper in which his ashes were brought

I have never been to the museum after that but whenever I go to Chandigarh, I see the statue on the way and my head bows in respect for the great martyr.

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive