Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Speech - Global warming

Speech that somebody delivered and you heard.
Speech by a famous person
Ÿ In my life I heard many speeches. But here I would like to discuss with you a speech which my principal delivered when I was in 10th class and it was on the most burning issue nowadays - that is “GLOBAL WARMING”.
Ÿ My school principal is very famous person in my home town and is known for his oratorical skills.
Ÿ The whole globe is involved in the phenomenon of global warming.
Ÿ The way he described the causes and effects was very interesting.
Ÿ It was an eye-opener for me.
Ÿ We humans are the causes and we humans can lessen it.
Ÿ He also told us how the pollution caused by cutting trees, having more industries, growing number of cars and other human luxuries is leading to global warming.
Ÿ Then he told us about the effects of global warming.
Ÿ Firstly is the rise in the sea level.
Ÿ This is because of the melting of mountain peaks.
Ÿ Second effect is changing climate.
Ÿ We all know that summers are getting hotter and winters are getting colder.
Ÿ Finally, we are having epidemics of diseases like malaria and dengue.
Ÿ This is because mosquitoes and flies prosper in the heat.
Ÿ He also told how to lessen this phenomenon by simple measures like
u Not cutting down trees.
u Planting more trees.
u Using recycled materials.
u Saying no to plastic bags.
Ÿ I felt very enlightened after listening to his spellbinding speech.
Ÿ I try to avoid using plastic bags and also accept recycled material even though quality is low.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive