Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy event - wedding celebration

Happy and sad events are a part and parcel of our life.

The happy event I am going to talk about here is the wedding of my cousin.

I attended this wedding on 15th January.

My cousin’s name is Deepa.

She is my maternal aunt’s daughter.

All our relatives and friends were invited.

Actually the whole week before 15th was busy in the pre wedding celebrations like tilak, sangeet, mehandi and haldi.

On the day of the wedding, the marriage palace was decorated like a bride. My cousin also looked beautiful in her sequin spangled lehanga.

The baraat came at 5 p.m.

High tea was served in which there were lots of cakes and snacks.

Then there was the jai mala.

The bride and groom exchanged fresh flower garlands.

Then we all danced and enjoyed to the beat of music.

After the sumptuous dinner all the guests departed and only the close family was left.

Then the priest set up a small fire and the remaining ceremony took place around the fire.

The doli took place early morning.

It was a very tearful moment for all of us but we were all happy from deep inside as my cousin was beginning her new life.

Such celebrations are very common in my country.

Since then I have not attended any such ceremony but there is another wedding in the family next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive