Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, August 17, 2009

Favourite photograph

I have a collection of many photographs in my album.

Here I’m going to describe one in which my cousin and I are standing with our grandparents in our farmhouse.

There is a small round table on which there is a cake.

I remember vividly, it was the golden jubilee celebration of my grandparents. My aunty baked and iced the cake at home.

She’s an expert cook. She only clicked the photo.

That’s why she is not there in the picture.

But her presence can be felt through the cake.

Only the four of us were there in the picture.

Last year when I celebrated my parents silver jubilee, I wished in my heart that I celebrate their golden jubilee too.

The tablecloth which is spread on the table was embroidered by my grandma. She had a gifted hand in needle and thread work.

Both my grandparents are no more in this world now.

I really treasure this photograph as this brings back nostalgic memories of my childhood.

Now I have a digital camera in which I capture precious moments.

Maybe one day my children will value them.

I like painting and drawing too but can’t find enough time for these arts out of my busy schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive