Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, August 17, 2009

Favourite piece of music

Well, ma’am, music is all around us and it accompanies everything of life.

Right from the first lullaby that the mother sings to the cradle to the dirge of the funeral pyre, music accompanies everything of life

Here I am going to talk about a piece of music which I heard in my childhood and I like it even today

It is our national anthem ‘Jana Gana Mana’

It was composed originally in Bengali by Rabindra Nath Tagore

Its Hindi version is our National Anthem

It was adopted as the national anthem on 24th January 1950

The complete song has five stanzas

The first stanza was taken as the National Anthem

The playing time of National Anthem is 52 seconds

I first heard the National Anthem in my school days

I like this song a lot because it is our National Anthem

It evokes a feeling of patriotism in me

It is an identity of my nation

Whenever this song is played, all Indians stand up in respect

It is played in the morning assembly of all schools

It is on the lips of each and every Indian

I know this song by heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive