Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Favourite building/ historic building- Taj Mahal

India has a rich historic background.

There are many buildings worth seeing in my country.

Here I’m going to talk about the Taj Mahal.

It is in Agra, on the banks of Yamuna river.

It is one of the most flawless architectural creations of the world.

It is one of the seven wonders of the world.

In fact it has been ranked as the first of the seven wonders.

It is a magnificient building built of white marble.

Mughal Emperor Shahjahan got it built in the loving memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz. About 20,000 workers put in their best efforts for 17 long years to complete this masterpiece. The hands of the master mason were cut off after completion of the building so that such a building could not be made again.

I first saw it 7 years ago when I went with my school tour.

I was awe-struck to see the picturesque beauty in front of my eyes.

The tombs of Shahjahan and Mumtaz lie in the basement.

I like it because it gives an identity to India in the world.

I am proud to be a part of a country with such historic background.

Tourists from all over the world flock to see this ultimate memorial of love and few are unmoved by its incomparable beauty.

14 comments:

Followers

Blog Archive