Sunday, July 17, 2011
Nowadays doctors can become very rich. Maybe they should not focus on profitable activities such as plastic surgery or looking after rich patients and concentrate more on patient's health, no matter how rich they are.
It is irrefutable that the medical profession is a very lucrative field but I disagree that they should not delve into money-making plastic surgeries and treatment of rich patients and focus on patients’ health instead of looking at his pocket. In the following paragraphs, I shall put forth my arguments to support my views.
To begin with, I would like to say that, it takes years to become a doctor and medical education is also very expensive nowadays. No doubt, doctors must serve the society, but to serve the poor or needy first they have to generate their own sources of income. For a doctor the status of the patient is not important and he has to treat anyone who comes to him. By rendering his services to the rich, he can provide help to weaker sections and thus help society.
Secondly, I would like to add here that cosmetic surgeries are also part of people’s health. They are part of mental health, which is also very important. It is not just the celebrities who go in for such surgeries. People having accidents in which facial features are affected, also need to go in for such surgeries. Can you imagine the mental status of a woman who has lost her external ear in an accident?
Finally, there are children born with cleft lip or palate, who also need plastic surgery. Therefore, it would be wrong to say that doctors should not focus on such surgeries. There are doctors who are doing plastic surgeries absolutely free for children suffering from cleft lip and palate. They charge their rich patients but they never say no to a poor and needy one. Also, it is a well known fact that as in any other profession, it is not all who earn very high.
To put it in a nutshell, I would like pen down saying that a doctor’s duty is to treat patients and there is nothing wrong if he charges money from those who can afford to pay as long as he is looking after the poor ones too. It would also be wrong to label all cosmetic surgeries as un-needed and profitable activities as they are also part of the mental health of the patients.
- September (1)
- August (1)
- July (7)
- June (6)
- May (17)
- March (47)
- February (35)
- January (22)
- December (23)
- November (22)
- October (25)
- September (26)
- August (20)
- Some businesses find that their new employees lack...
- Speaking memories 29th July – Neha
- Speaking memories – 29th July ( Navdeep )
- Speaking memories 29th July (Sakshi)
- Talk about a day off and how you would like to spe...
- Describe a street that you know - Where ...
- Talk about a house or an apartment you would like ...
- Writing memories 28th July – Sakshi and Neha
- Speaking Memories 28th July
- People who fail at school will often succeed in ad...
- Article that you read in newspaper
- News that you found interesting
- Fashion in clothes
- Vehicle that you would like to buy
- Family member you would like to spend time with
- Universities should accept equal numbers of male a...
- Nowadays doctors can become very rich. Maybe they ...
- You won a competition and received a vacation for ...
- You have started a course after reading its detail...
- Talk about something that you would like to succee...
- Talk about your favorite song. Please say: - Wher...
- Talk about a character from a story that you admir...
- IELTS speaking - Shopping questions with possible ...
- speaking questions on travelling
- IELTS speaking - possible answers
- IELTS speaking - Happiness questions with possible...
- Speaking Questions on cities
- Speaking on numbers
- A few speaking questions answered
- 20 important cue cards for the month of July 2011
- June (53)
- May (189)
- April (1)
- February (5)
- January (9)
- December (30)
- November (18)
- October (36)
- September (84)
- August (5)
- July (18)
- June (2)
- March (2)
- February (1)
- January (4)