Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

IELTS speaking - Shopping questions with possible answers


1.       Is it common in your country to buy and send a gift to your friends using the Internet? Why?
It is not common in my country to buy and send a gift using the internet because most people in my country still do not have an internet connection. Moreover, most people still do not have a credit card. A credit card is needed to do shopping on the net. The situation may be different in metropolitan cities like Mumbai and Delhi.
2.       Is it easy to buy a present for somebody? Why?
Is it hard for you to choose gifts for others?
No, it is not easy to buy a present for somebody because different people have different tastes. Moreover, the markets today are flooded with choices and it becomes very difficult to select things. The situation is very different if you know the person whom you are buying a gift for, very well.
3.       What is better as a present, to give money or to buy something? - Why?
It is better to give money as a gift because then the person could buy anything that he really needs. The gift you buy may not be useful for him at all.
4.       Was your gift expensive?
Yes, my gift was very expensive. It was a pearl necklace. It cost me Rs.6000/-. But the person I bought it for is also very special to me.
5.       Is it important to you that your gifts are expensive?
It is not important for me that my gifts are expensive. Gifts are gestures of love. I believe that an inexpensive item given with love is better than an expensive item gifted without love.
6.       Do you think the person you bought the gift for cares about its price?
I definitely think the person I bought the gift for cares about its price because she knows my financial condition and she also knows that I had to save money for the gift.
7.       Are gifts important?
Yes, gifts are very important. Gifts are gestures of love. Unfortunately, nowadays expensive gifts are given as a status symbol and so they have lost their true meaning.
8.       In your country, when do you usually give gifts?
In my country we give gifts on birthdays, marriage parties, anniversaries, festivals and so on.
9.       What is easier for you: giving or receiving a gift? Why?
Giving a gift is easier for me because when I receive a gift, I feel that I have to return the obligation at some time or the other and so it becomes a burden for me.
OR
It is not easy to give a present to somebody because different people have different tastes. Moreover, the markets today are flooded with choices and it becomes very difficult to select things. The situation is very different if you know the person whom you are buying a gift for, very well.
10.   What do you think of shopping on the internet?
I think shopping on the internet is both a boon and a bane. It is a boon because you can buy anything from any corner of the world and at any time of the day or night. It is a boon for the handicapped people who cannot go out for shopping.
On the other hand it is a bane because you don’t get the feel of the thing before buying. Secondly, your credit card number may be hacked and misused. It is also bad for the environment because excessive packaging is done.

7 comments:

  1. this is very beneficial for me thnxs

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't explain,how beneficial is everything for all ielts students. Thanks a lot.God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiran. Good Job. Really great and everyting covered in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog is really helpful.Thanks a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for your hard work. god bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Minki, May I know ur e-mail. Mail me at kiranmakkar1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive