Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

IELTS letter - Your friend is visiting you for a week. However, the dates that she is visiting you are not suitable for you. Write a letter to her - - apologizing - explaining why the dates don’t suit you - suggest an alternative plan

Dear Mohit,

Hope this letter finds you in radiant health and the best of spirits. I was so happy to know you are coming here for a week’s holiday but unfortunately I have to leave for an urgent business trip to Delhi. It would be very nice if you postpone your trip for one week and come on the 20th instead of the 13th April so that we can enjoy together. I am really sorry for this inconvenience.

 

I have to leave on 20th May as a few clients are coming from UK. There is an exhibition going on in Delhi which they are coming to see and they have requested me to show them our company’s products there only. This meeting is very important for my business. I have been preparing for it for the last two months. As the clients are from overseas I cannot tell them to change their plans. I hope you understand.

The next week I shall be absolutely free. I assure you there is a lot to see and do in my home town. There are some historical places in my home town which we shall visit together. There are two temples related to the sixth guru of the Sikhs and an ancient Shiva Temple. Then there is a restaurant, Haveli, which depicts traditional Punjabi hospitality. Every night there is a cultural show also over there. I have been there several times but with you it will be a different experience.

Hope to see you on the 20th April. Once again I apologise for the inconvenience caused because of the change in plans.

Yours lovingly,
Manjot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive