Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Talk about a person who speaks a different language to yours whom you have met. Please say - Where & how did you meet this person? - What was so special about this person? - What did you learn from him/her?

• I have met many foreigners in my life.
• But, most of them could speak English.
• So I had no problem in communicating with them.
• Here I am going to talk about a person who speaks only Italian
• His name is Bruno
• He is my cousin’s friend
• My cousin lives in Italy
• He was born and brought up there
• Last year he came to India to attend the wedding of my sister.
• He brought his Italian friend with him
• They stayed in our home for two weeks.
• Initially we had a lot of problem in communication.
• My cousin always had to act as interpreter.
• But Bruno was very special.
• He picked up Punjabi very fast.
• In just two days he was very easily communicating with all of us in Punjabi.
• He could make himself understood very well.
• I learnt a few words of Italian from him.
• Grazie means Thank you
• Scusi means Excuse me
• Grazie tante means Thanks a lot
• chao (ciao) means goodbye
• I also learnt that gestures can communicate a lot.
• We enjoyed a lot with him.
• He attended the whole wedding.
• Later on we took him to the Golden Temple.
• He was awestruck to see the beauty of Golden Temple.
• We also took him to Agra to see the Taj Mahal.
• When he went back we all had tears in our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive