Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, December 24, 2010

Describe a situation when something in your house broke or stopped working. Please say - What was it? - What happened when it broke/stopped working? - How did you feel about it?

In our day to day life we use many things.
Some things are of breakable materials like glass.
While using, some things break or go out of order.
Here I would like to talk about my computer monitor which I damaged accidentally while I was cleaning my room last month.
I remember, my room was in a mess and I got a scolding from my mother that day.
So, I started cleaning it reluctantly.
First I cleaned my clothes almirah and then my bed.
After that was the turn of my study table.
There were lot of things on it beside my PC.
I pushed my books to one side and the monitor fell on the floor with a thud.
My heart skipped a beat.
I immediately picked it up and fitted it.
I was relieved to see it was working.
But that relief was short lived.
I had damaged the monitor beyond repair.
The screen has started flickering and it is uncomfortable to look at it for more than five minutes at a time.
I felt very bad.
The next day I took it to a repair shop where they checked it and told me that it cannot be repaired.
My father had gifted me that PC on my birthday.
With a heavy heart I told my father that the monitor was damaged.
Fortunately my father had the bill and we were relieved to see that it was within guaranty period.
So, we took it to the store from where we had bought it and they sent it to the company for replacement.
After two weeks I got a new monitor.
But, it taught me a lesson.
Such electronic things need to be handled with care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive