Saturday, January 21, 2012
Sample answer for IELTS - AC -essay of 21st Jan 2012, India Artists vs Scientists
Some people still value artists (musicians, painters, writers) even in today’s world of science and despite improvements in science and technology. Why is this so? Should arts be given the same importance as science and technology? ( 21st Jan SC essay as seen in India – very similar to essay number 87 in my essay book - link - http://kiransielts.blogspot.com/2010/09/today-advanced-science-and-technology.html )
It is irrefutable that today we belong to an era of science and technology. Yet, artists such as musicians, painters and writers are highly appreciated. In the following paragraphs, I shall outline some reasons for this. I firmly believe that the role of art as well as science is different yet inextricably linked and both are valuable, priceless and irreplaceable for every society.
It is easy to see why artists are valued even today. This is because the contributions of artists to the society are very essential. Art can bring out people‘s creativity, views and personalities. For example, we learn about our history, traditions and culture through movies, songs and paintings made by artists. Art also entertains us. Another important aspect of this is that art is an ancient means of communication. Our language is a result of people's need to communicate. Appreciation of art is what differentiates us from animals.
On the other hand, the contribution of scientists cannot be exaggerated. All humankind is indebted to the scientists because of their work and achievements. Scientists make our life easier. We have cars and aeroplanes to move fast from one place to another. We have microwaves and ready-to-eat foods to make cooking much easier. We have different devices that simplify all we do. Finally, scientists are making great achievements in medicines that make our life longer and happier. Nowadays people have a great opportunity to do many things faster by use of computers.
Artists and scientists, both should be given equal importance because, science and technology give us better life but arts tell us how to live that life. In Science truths are proved and phenomena are explained. In art they are interpreted. We enjoy what science brings to us. But we cannot be satisfied only with the material things. What we want most is the emotion from their deep hearts, which can only be obtained from art. Art cannot be valued as certain amount of money, not like the productions of science. Take Van Gogh‘s painting for instance. It cannot be rated by the value of dyes and canvas. The sensation in mankind‘s heart is priceless. That‘s why art is as important as science. Art makes people enjoy life, gives people the pleasure of living from the mental level. That‘s why the contribution of artists and scientists is equally important.
To put it in a nutshell, I pen down saying that artists nourish our souls when scientists and technology feed our minds. So, we cannot eliminate or underestimate any one of them.
- September (1)
- August (1)
- July (7)
- June (6)
- May (17)
- March (47)
- February (35)
- IELTS essay question of 7th Jan 2012, Australia
- IELTS essay question of 14th Jan 2012, Australia
- Some people say that in our modern age it is unnec...
- Radio is more enjoyable and practical than televis...
- Some people think that radio has become out-of-dat...
- Radio will no longer be able to hold its presence ...
- An apology
- Speaking memories 7th Jan 2012 - As shared by a bl...
- 300 IELTS past essays
- Sample answer for IELTS - AC -essay of 21st Jan 20...
- Writing memories AC - 21/1/2012 - India
- Speaking memories 20th Jan 2012
- Sample answer for IELTS letter of 7th Jan 2012, In...
- Speaking memories 20th Jan 2012
- It is better for children if the whole families (e...
- Nowadays young people increasingly admire media pe...
- Thanks everyone and a very happy Lohri
- Describe a foreign musical festival that you enjoy...
- To get success, some people say that University ed...
- Some shops are open 24 hours a day and 7 days a we...
- My Kerala tour – Slideshow 1
- Writing memories - 7th Jan 2012 – GT – India
- December (23)
- November (22)
- October (25)
- September (26)
- August (20)
- July (30)
- June (53)
- May (189)
- April (1)
- February (5)
- January (9)
- December (30)
- November (18)
- October (36)
- September (84)
- August (5)
- July (18)
- June (2)
- March (2)
- February (1)
- January (4)