Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Talk about a public event you attended, you should say: - What was the public event and when was it? - With whom did you go to the event? - Why was this public event so important?

• There are many public events held in my country like Independence Day celebration, Republic Day and so on but here I would like to talk about a public event which is held in my home town every year in the month of December.
• This is the Environment fair.
• This is organised by the Environment Protection Association of my home town
• The other NGOs like Rotary club and Jaycees also actively participate in it.
• Last year it was held on 12th- 14th December.
• I went there on both days.
• First day I went with my friends.
• Many competitions were held there like painting competition, body building competition, kite flying competition, debate competition.
• We took part in painting competition.
• The theme was pollution.
• My friend bagged the second prize.
• There were many stalls selling items at discounted rates.
• So I came home and told my mother about it.
• The next day I went with my parents.
• On that day there was a flower show.
• Many stalls were selling saplings and organic fertilisers.
• We bought a lot of plants.
• There was also a display of energy saving gadgets which use solar energy.
• We bought a solar cooker from there.
• My mother uses it regularly now for preparing many dishes.
• This event was important because it created awareness about the environment
• You know, madam, global warming is a burning problem these days and unless we all do something about it our Earth will become a boiling pot very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive